NSGEU represents approximately 10,000 health care workers in hospitals and other health-care institutions across the province. They include: nurses, diagnostic imaging technicians, dietitians, housekeepers, laundry workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, medical laboratory technologists, food-production workers, social workers, child mental-health workers, secretaries, ward clerks, and medical record clerks.
These workers are governed by the Trade Union Act and have the right to strike.
- Local 20 – Hearing & Speech Centres – Province wide
- Local 22 – IWK Health Centre (Healthcare)
- Local 23 – IWK Health Centre (Clerical & Administrative Professional Bargaining Unit)
- Local 43 – Canadian Blood Services – Halifax Regional Municipality
- Local 89 – District Health Authority #1 (Bridgewater, Lunenburg, Queens Area Administrative Support Staff)
- Local 90 – District Health Authority #2 (Digby, Yarmouth, Shelburne area Administrative Support Staff)
- Local 91 – District Health Authority #3 (Valley area Administrative Support Staff)
- Local 93 – Colchester East Hants Health Authority (DHA 4) and Cumberland Health Authority (DHA 5) and Pictou County Health Authority (DHA 6)
- Local 94 – Antigonish/Guysborouth/Strait Health Authority (DHA 7) and Cape Breton District Health Authority (DHA 8)
- Local 95 – South Shore District Health Authority (DHA 1) and SouthWest Nova District Health Authority (DHA2) and Annapolis Valley Health Authority (DHA3)